Learn about who we are and what we do below.
SUPPORTING INDIGENOUS COMMUNITIES WITH A HAND-UP.
fOR OTHER ao eVENTS AND PROGRAMS TAKE A LOOK BELOW.
Sign up for our Monthly Newsletter
Our Newsletters include Calendars for Upcoming Events, Registration Details, AO general tips, Knowledge on Moon of the Month and teasers for our Upcoming Programs and Events in the work, don’t miss out!
CBC Indigenous News
CBC/Radio-Canada | Anishnabeg Outreach (AO) FOR Anishnabeg Outreach (AO) USE ONLY | À L’USAGE EXCLUSIF DE Anishnabeg Outreach (AO)
- Essipit First Nation in Quebec wants to double its protected area by 2030 in line with UN targetson November 30, 2023 at 9:00 am
The plan is to protect 30 per cent of the Innu First Nation of Essipit’s territory to preserve endangered species and rare habitat.
- Woman arrested during Wet’suwet’en pipeline blockade found not guiltyon November 30, 2023 at 6:50 am
A woman arrested during November 2021 police raids of a blackade of the Coastal GasLink Pipeline project has been found not guilty of criminal contempt.
- Cree elder has been playing fiddle for 70 years — and opened his grandson’s wedding with 1st tune he learnedon November 29, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Last month, 82-year-old Cree elder, Malcolm House, got the chance to play Soldier’s Joy, a classic fiddle reel with origins traced back to Scotland, at an important family event in Chisasibi, in northern Quebec.
- Over 100 Indigenous artists raise $60,000 for Palestinianson November 29, 2023 at 7:02 pm
Initially she’d hoped to raise $20,000 to support people on the ground in Gaza but Quill Christie Peters’s Turtle Island Indigenous Artists for Palestine collected $60,000 in donations.
- While some Indigenous people rally for Palestinians, others say it’s not a struggle against colonialismon November 29, 2023 at 7:02 pm
Many activists and academics are drawing comparisons between the plight of Palestinians in Gaza and the experiences of Indigenous people in North America, though others question this.
SUPPORTED & LOVED BY
Interested in becoming a partner or collaborator?